The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost.
(From Caller July, 1989)
Prescription for Unhappiness:
1. Make little things bother you, don’t just let them, make them!
2. Lose your perspective of things, and keep it lost. Don’t put first things first.
3. Get yourself a good worry – one about which you cannot do anything but worry.
4. Be a perfectionist: condemn yourself and others for not achieving perfection.
5. Be right, always right, perfectly right all the time. Be the only one who is right, and be rigid about your rightness.
6. Don’t trust or believe people, or accept them or anything but their worst and weakest. Be suspicious. Impute ulterior motives to them.
7. Always compare yourself unfavorably to others, which is the guarantee of instant misery.
8. Take personally, with a chip on your shoulder, everything that happens to you that you don’t like.
9. Don’t give yourself wholeheartedly or enthusiastically to anyone or anything.
10. Make happiness the aim of your life instead of bracing life’s barbs through a “bitter with sweets” philosophy. Use this prescription regularly for awhile and you will be guaranteed unhappiness.
God’s desire is that his children experience joy in their lives. Joy is a part of the fruit of the Spirit. We can continue to share the love, joy and Happy times we find in the Lord.
Be Joyful always. See You Sunday.
Your Smiling Preacher,
Phil. 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always, and Again I say Rejoice.
Cetor, Janet, 69 of Hubbard, Ohio went to be with the Lord on November 23, 2018. Janet was also known as "Chickie". A Member of C...
In a recent publication, (A Supplement to the Mechanicsville Local dated March 28,2018 Best Summer Ever. The Article, 5 reasons why summer c...
THE INCOMPARABLE CHRIST More than 2000 years ago there was a man born contrary to the laws of nature. He laid aside his purple robe for a ...
A Christian Perspective: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses the life of faith, let us strip off every w...