The Lion, the Mouse and the Dawn Treader: A Review.

I admit I'm a big C.S. Lewis fan. Before the books were popular I was reading  them. I had several youth ministers as a teen that told me to read these books (Mark Swezy, Bobby Heppner etc). I watched the BBC videos, I saw the animated films ... before the latest movies I was already hooked. Someone gave me this free book so I can use it on my e-reader to review.

One thing about McColman's work is that it is a companion to C.S. Lewis book: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Read that book first before reading this book. (Also don't just watch the movie either - otherwise this book won't make sense too)

What the author does is bring out the spiritual themes that seem somewhat hidden and what CS Lewis was trying to convey through the Voyage of the Dawn Treader and the Christian walk.

I like that Carl McColman doesn't insult our intelligence but rather helps his book be a good resource and companion to helping people see the spiritual themes C.S. Lewis was writing about without just coming out and saying it. Aslan's Table being that of Communion .... that of the end of the voyage ...really wasn't the end but just the beginning  ... and that not everyone gets to enter Aslan's country just yet. So many different themes. A good read, and can be done in a short sitting. I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.