Should We Hate?



Personally IMHO I think it is OK to Hate. I think we can voice it. I respectfully disagree with some people who say you shouldn't hate. Now with our touchy feelie good PC people that would want to make everything we are against as a "Hate" crime. But God created feelings, God created emotions. Sometimes at that moment we do hate or dislike things. We, even, hate people. Of course it is what a result of what you do with that - that makes the person. Don't let the devil get a foothold etc. I think this is what separates us from the "Fred Phelps" crowd. We maybe upset, rant, rave but recognize that once we are done our little whining ... we are to love one another.

It is ok to be angry, upset. I think too much counseling and psychological terms says "Don't hate" "Let's be nice" but there are days when we feel depressed, hate, dislike, want to punch people and see injustice done.

I think there are times in the Bible we are commanded to hate. (The word appears over 80s and a few of those reference things God hates)

We are to hate wickedness. (Hebrews 1:9).

Of course there are some words that set people off, right away ... like if I were to write "I hate Doug Fields" - People might respond ...Well I hate you too, Gman. And that would be OK. That is there feeling at the time. Hopefully people see my heart and that even though my emotions at the time may not be the best response - they are my emotions and unfortunately there are times I give into them rather than think things through.

Should I let Hate consume me? No. It should be a righteous hatred. A love for people, but not wanting them or their actions to stay that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.