Self Care Covenant

 Covenant for self-care. Here are some suggestions for self-care for those in ministry:


1. I will keep, as a regular practice, the following spiritual disciplines (beyond sermon and teaching preparation. List at least 2.

2.  I will regularly set time aside for family meals (at least weekly) and family activities (monthly).

3. I will take regularly scheduled days off and set a standard for vacation (time away).

4. I will pursue Continuing Education by scheduling seminars, conventions, conference at least one a year.

5. I will work towards maintaining my health with guidelines outlines by my practicing physician. Taking medications, exercise, eating healthy, sleep habits.etc. Briefly describe exercise program:

6. I will maintain close relationships with the following people (Family, friends) and whom I can go to in times of stress.

7. I will maintain my administrative life through the establishment of legal documents and the appropriate circumstances of such. eg. personal will, power of attorney, living will, Make known to where documents be found to 2 individuals.

8. I will have a checkup on my spiritual, emotional, (Through counselor/therapist), financial, and relationship/ social  (marriage/family) health.

9.  I will have a peer group in which to confide and learn from for accountability.

Other suggestions? Thoughts?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.