Monday, August 15, 2011
Love in Action!
1 John 3:18 "Dear children let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." (NIV)
Here are some things we can do to put Christ like love into action.
1. Speak to people.
2. Smile at people. It takes 72 muscles to frown, 14 to smile.
3. Call people by name. The sweetest sound is one's own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful. If you want friends (Not just Facebook friends), be a friend.
5. Be cordial.
6. Be genuinely interested in people. Just try it and you can like almost anyone.
7. Be generous with praise.
8. Be considerate of others.
9. Have a good sense of humour, and loads of patience.
10. Pray earnestly for each other.
I'm reminded of an ole saying that "Character is what we are when no one else is around."