Monday, August 15, 2011
Love in Action!
1 John 3:18 "Dear children let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." (NIV)
Here are some things we can do to put Christ like love into action.
1. Speak to people.
2. Smile at people. It takes 72 muscles to frown, 14 to smile.
3. Call people by name. The sweetest sound is one's own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful. If you want friends (Not just Facebook friends), be a friend.
5. Be cordial.
6. Be genuinely interested in people. Just try it and you can like almost anyone.
7. Be generous with praise.
8. Be considerate of others.
9. Have a good sense of humour, and loads of patience.
10. Pray earnestly for each other.
I'm reminded of an ole saying that "Character is what we are when no one else is around."
Sincerity – being yourself in any direction. “Sincerity makes the least ,am to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” Charles ...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...