Wednesday, August 10, 2011
An Open Letter to those that trust Politics to Save ...
1 Thess. 1:1-3 reminds us who our hope is in. It is in Jesus.
To trust in some politician because he said a prayer.
Or to think some politician is all that ...
Or to bring back America to what some think are the good ole days ... (I've always wonder what year and date were those days?)
Here's some news: Politicians don't Save. They won't save. They shouldn't save. The government you cannot put your trust.
We can play the "what if ...." game all you want but the fact of the matter is only ONE PERSON gives us Hope, Trust and who We should trust.
The whole Democrat versus Republican is getting old. It is like I'm watching a Middle School fight. "Oh, yeah well my political party can beat up your political party" "Oh, yeah but my political party is more 'Christian' than your political party."
And thus people choose sides and get lost in all the rhetoric.
And then there are even those that equate America as being the "chosen nation" on the same page as the Church. (Now hear me out i'm as patriotic as the next guy but this goes too far) The Church is the Bride of Christ. The church is for WHOM Jesus died for. There is a difference between the freedom we have in Christ and the freedoms (which we shouldn't take for granted) given to us as citizens. (Ultimately our citizenship is in heaven)
So what is the solution?
1. Know WHO is your Hope.
2. Let's quite playing the political games.
3. Let's keep the Main thing - the main thing: Jesus. Politics aside - the Church has a lot of work to do.
4. Let's pray for our leaders.
5. Let's be discerning. I've been known to have a debate or 2 and offend. Maybe show love for each other.
6. Love one another ...especially your enemies ...
7. Quit dwelling on the past ...live in the present strive for the future. (come Lord Jesus, come)
8. Love God and love others. (see #6)
Won't you pray for every one?