Run With the Horses by Eugene Peterson - A Review

Run with Horses. The Quest for Life at its best. by Eugene H. Peterson Revised and Expanded. This book is an updated version of a spiritual classic. (Though I never read the original 1983). This 2009 edition was more than I expected. It gave a glimpse into what the life of the prophet Jeremiah would be like. At first when I was reading the book I didn't realize it was based upon Jeremiah at first. (I was kind of slow)

I liked that Peterson revised this version and put in some of the passages he used from the Message.  The author fills his book with a variety of stories and writings that gives insight into the life of Jeremiah.

Peterson asks a lot of questions throughout the book to get us thinking about life, the journey, and where was God ...

One of the hardest thing about the book is it got dry in some parts. I had to put it down and come back to revisit it. There were lots of quotes, stories, and entangled illustrations that at first didn't make sense. Peterson has some great books out there. For this to be called a classic ... I'm still scratching my head "Why?" Next time I think I might pass reading this book. Only 2.5 out of 5 stars for this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

I Hate David Crowder

Just a line to say I'm Living.