Responding to Criticism

There are basically 3 Ways to Respond to your critics.


I. Avoid them.

II. Tackle their issues straight on.

III. Be Diplomatic about it.

I think the first one is discounted. To go ahead and tackle and be defensive about people's concerns might put up some barriers. In all things I think what I call the Matt. 18 principle to be exercised ... Go to the person first bringing the criticism. There is no such than as "Well, people say .." (Who are the people? They need to represent themselves, not be some anon. group to complain to complain). Sometimes leadership means tough choices. As someone mentioned recently to me that leaders don't necessary like change but have to be instrumental in making some tough choices and changes.

What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.