Taking issue with the Red Cross.

Here are some issues I have with the Red Cross.

1.Mismanagement of funds

2.Disorganization and not using the resources for what they were intended

3 No accountability

4.Earning interest on donated money

5.Straying from their mission
are they disaster relief or recovery? And what is the plan other than saying recovery for .... (see #2)

6.Failed Plan(See #5)

7. Holding back relief (I understand about volunteers in the way, and that but still see people wanting to give and do something ....

The American Red Cross

And the International Red Cross provide a lot of relief in times of disaster.

My suggestion: support your local chapter. Don't give $$$ unless the 7 items get addressed. I'd rather give my support to Christian organizations that are doing some disaster relief and have accountability.


I know I'll take some heat for this blog post, but REALLY - with all the links and many more for research ... why isn't the Red Cross doing a better job? Am I the only one who sees this as an issue?

Interesting to me is that during when both Katrina and Haiti happened ... the best reports and people doing the most good ...were people that were already there trying to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.