Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Queen Susan The Gentle
Key Verse: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” – Ephesians 4:2 New International Version.
Read Galatians 5: 13 – 6:10.
As a daughter of Eve, Susan was the eldest. Susan tried to talk and see the sensible things in this world.
Her own heroic moment was with Lucy to witness one of the greatest moments recorded in History. The death of Aslan the Lion. The parallel is seen in John 19:25 – 30.(go ahead and read that) And then the resurrection of Aslan.
Susan had the mothering instinct. She was gentle and kind. One of her last quotes before entering the wardrobe from Narnia to home was …”let us go on and take the adventure that shall fall to us.” Pg. 187. Are you taking the adventure?
Thoughts to ponder:
1. How can I be more like Susan to others? Be Gentle?
2. What does it mean to bear one anothers’ burdens?
3. What adventure are you on? How is your faith journey?
4. What do you think it would be like to witness both the death and resurrection of your King?
5. Susan went from being a daughter of Eve to Queen. Why was that?
How today’s devotion applies to me:
Two or three things that I have learned: