Peter the Magnificent.



Key Verse: “You are Peter, a rock. This is the rock on which I will put together my church, a church so expansive with energy that not even the gates of hell will be able to keep it out.” - Matthew 16:18 The Message.

Read Matthew 16: 13 – 20. John 21: 1 – 19.

“Rise up, Sir Peter Wolf’s Bane. And, whatever happens, never forget to wipe your sword.” – pg. 133 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Have you ever dreamed of being a hero? As Peter learns, imagining brave feats and doing them are two different things. Peter, in the Chronicles, is similar to the Peter in the New Testament. Both made mistakes. Both overcame obstacles to proclaim who the true King was. Both used swords for battle. (Literally and figuratively)

We, much, like Peter are in a battle today. Spiritual battles abound. The question comes down to what are you doing to make right choices and in your first battle?

“Peter did not feel very brave; indeed he felt he was going to be sick. But that made no difference to what he had to do.” Peter did what he must to save his sisters in killing Maugrim.


Thoughts to Ponder:

1. Have I ever dreamed of being a hero?
2. What does it by “Spiritual battles abound?”
3. What battles lurk in my own life? What do I need to overcome?
4. What is my sword? (see Hebrews 4:12)
5. What would people say about you and your character? Magnificent? Godly? Christian?
6. Am I doing what I must for God? If not, why not?


How today’s devotion applies to me:






Two or three things that I have learned:

1_____________________________________

2_____________________________________

3_____________________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.