Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Lucy the Valiant.
Key Verse: “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.”
Read Daniel 1. Daniel 3: 16 – 26.
Lucy was known as the youngest of the Pevensie children. She was the first to discover Narnia (though actually not the first human to be there though ummm Read The Magician’s Nephew aka The Professor who was there before). Lucy set an example of Faith and that of love in all she did. She didn’t back down. Lucy seemed very similar to the valiant antics of Shadrock, Meshach, and Abednego. Lucy had trust that Aslan(God) would be there to help no matter what.
Lucy’s persistence to tell the story of Narnia was evident. I wonder how we are to tell our story being a part of God’s story?
Thoughts to ponder:
1. How are you setting an example?
2. How is your own trust in God?
3. How persistent are you? Are you telling people the good news of Jesus?
4. Lucy, also played a part of a healer, how are you helping others to heal in their emotional hurts, spiritual hurts, serving those physically hurting, socially? Are you serving?
5. What does it mean to be a part of God’s story?
6. What trait do I most like in Lucy?
How today’s devotion applies to me:
Two or three things that I have learned: