The Healthcare Debate!

People ask me what I think of healthcare. Actually they ask me a lot. Personally, I'm not in the politics of it. (I have opinions and think both parties are like middle schoolers fighting)

Why do people ask me? Well they know I'm Canadian and wanting to get my background on what I think works better.

Here is my thoughts (Obamacare or not)

I. There needs to be reform. No doubt about. There shouldn't be these complex issues in dealing with insurance companies. (Fact is I was dealing with issues with my insurance company with a simple issue as forms and shot records to get my kids enrolled)

II. The Canadian System isn't perfect. (My own family has issues with getting the care they need at times)

III. There is going to be more paperwork. (Trust me government isn't perfect and the forms are huge - and the red tape complex - try having issues with the IRS or ICE (Immigration) or some other government organization)

IV. Government isn't always the Answer. The interesting part is some of the health issues in other countries and social issues are being answered by the church. Inspite of what Glen Beck says  .... We are to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those needing physical help and ultimately Spiritual Help.

V. The Blame Game needs to Stop. Fact is there is so much pickering going on, finger pointing that people spend more time shouting at each other  ... and saying Oh, this party is evil, or that party is evil. Imagine is that energy was spent in presenting the love of Jesus to each other. Loving each other, loving your enemies. I've seen more crowds lately gather over this issue than any other. Imagine if they filled our churches?

VI. It is ok to have an opinion, but let's respect others as well. I was recently at a Hospital seminar to inform church leaders on some issues that could affect our churches. One of the comments was truly against the current system and another was currently for. I just sat and watched. I think there are times to know when to speak up and when to be quiet.

VII.  We need to focus on Jesus and Jesus only. I've seen more sermons, messages on healthcare (Both for and against lately) let's not debate an issue which is majoring in minors. Remember the old saying In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love.

An old blog post on the issue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.