Thursday, July 30, 2009
Health Care - what Gives?
As a person who has seen both universal(I grew up in Canada) and the current system here are a couple of my thoughts.
1. The Current System is Broken, it needs to be fixed!
2. Universal Health care and more taxes is not the solution.
3. Sure I have health insurance but why am I spending more for individual versus group? I have a family of 5 and pay a mortgage payment to get health insurance? what gives?
4. Why am I paying more when I pay so much already and am healthy? (see #3)
5. Why does it have to be a "Right"? Doesn't it have to be more of a responsibility to make sure you are taking care of yourself and your family?
6. Why all the fighting? Why does it turn into a Jr. High fight - that I'm right, you're wrong or "My party can beat up your party because our health care plan is better idea?"
7. Shouldn't health care look like what we're paying for? I mean what we pay for that our elected officials are getting?
8. I have a solution ... cut away all the bureaucracy and red tape. Get rid of the middle man. Let's just have our money for Health savings accounts. The doctors give us a flat fee for visits and have insurance for more costly procedures. Do away with all the lobbyist and red tape jobs.
9. Bring back Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman. Whatever happened to the local, friendly, doctor that made house calls?
10. Take away the Rich politicians health care and have them pay for it themselves with their own insurance and give all elected officials insurance to everyone else ... for FREE. From the local, state, federal elected officials. I think once they know they have to pay for their own healthcare they might rethink the plans they are proposing.
No matter what side of the aisle you are on in this issue - there isn't an easy solution - though I like to think there is.
The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost. (From Caller July, 1989) Prescription for Unhappiness: 1. Make little...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Saw this from a church newsletter and thought to share: BE A FOUNTAIN NOT A DRAIN I saw a marquee in front of a church’s building t...