Top 10 Things I love about the Ministry!



So I got thinking what are the top ten things I love about the ministry ...and here they are in no particular order.

I. Changed Lives. There is nothing like Seeing people's lives changed - to becoming a Christian. The Transformation process. Romans 12:1,2. God's people are great.

II. Diving into God's Word. The more I read it, the more in awe I am of how God's story impacts me.

III. The Flexibility. There is no other job in the world where I can be so flexible and yet balance out all the plates I have spinning. To being a caring, compassionate person at a time of tragedy to that of celebrating new life, and even new lives together as people get married.

IV. The Networking. Learning from peers, mentors, conventions etc. The mindset of the Kingdom of God is bigger than any one congregation.

V. The Life Long Learning. I can't think of too many jobs where you learn something new about your position every day. The daily and long term effects and the continually changing methods to reach the world for Christ.

VI. The Discipleship process. There is nothing like having a mentor and being a mentor to others.

VII. Leadership. Using your leadership skills, delegating, depending on others. It stretches you and helps make you a better person.

VIII. The Pay. (Just Kidding). Most of us in ministry are not in it to make money though we do see our needs being met. We also see the eternal benefits. It is amazing to me is that at times I just say "I'm just paid to be a Christian, how cool is that?" Sure there is the passage on those that teach and preach. People have given so much to me and my family. I'm just amazed how God provides at just the right moment.

IX. The Location. To bloom where I'm planted. I can't think of any other job or position where you can see so many different places, cultures, and make such an impact on lives. Sometimes we take for granted that we get to travel and speak etc. I remember growing up that I never left Southern Ontario ... and now I've been all over and beyond.

X. The Preaching and Teaching of God's Word. It challenges me. It excites me. It helps me be a better man of God. Usually when I preach - I'm preaching moreso to myself than anyone else. There never is a dull moment.

So what are the things you love about ministry? Any you would add, change etc?

Comments

Don Crane said…
Great list and I whole heartedly agree...My Best job in the world is being a Dad...the second best job is working for Jesus.

I would add to my list...having friends like you.

You know I love ya, Don

Popular posts from this blog

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

I Hate David Crowder

Just a line to say I'm Living.