Bad Theology of a Killer: George Sodini


From George Sodini's Notes


Current Event


Warning language and some violent and random thoughts. I saw this on a news outlet and read and what was curious to me wasn't so much the hatred and anger but the Christian influence and bad theology he got.

Thoughts like:

1. Religion is a waste.

2. Committing Mass Murder is ok, and you still can goto heaven.

3. Mentions a Certain Church.

4. Talks about the hyprocrites he sees.

5. "Religion has a certain stink to it of guilt, shame, fear, and that moral standard that always contradicts the natural tendencies and desires of a person. Therin lies the conflict" WOW - alot in that. Reminds me of the Apostle Paul's sinful nature versus that of the Spirit.

6. What is it like to be Dead? Seems to want to know about death.

7. Thinks Sex is a solution.

8. Picked on in High School.

9. "I can just start being self-righteous and say I live a good, clean life"

10. "Maybe soon, I will see God and Jesus. At least that is what I was told. Eternal life does NOT depend on works. If it did, we will all be in hell. Christ paid for EVERY sin, so how can I or you be judged BY GOD for a sin when the penalty was ALREADY paid. People judge but that does not matter. I was reading the Bible and The Integrity of God beginning yesterday, because soon I will see them."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above concern me. As a Church leader; as a husband, father, and most important as a Christian.

Hindsight is 20-20. I think we should pray for ALL the families here. Those who lost their lives and the SAD situation. It seems to me that someone, anyone could of set, been the EXAMPLE of a Christian to George.

Helped him with a Healthy Biblical view of

1. Women.

2. Sex.

3. Sin

4. Christians.

5. Grace and Forgiveness.

6. Responsibility for one's actions.

7. Death. It is our enemy.

8. Role model. Imagine if some mentor, youth worker would of spoke into his life in High school?

9. Being self-righteous doesn't earn your way into heaven.

-----------------------------------------------------

So much here as a Current Event to use for Small Groups etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.