How to Share Your Story as a Part of God's Story (your Testimony)


Can I get a witness?

One of the things I get asked about is sharing one's testimony. Do you have one?
How does one go about sharing it?

Here are Three components I would include in one's story (testimony) as a part of God's story.

I. Share what your life was before you became a Christian. (Whether you were raised in a Christian home or not) Don't go into too much detail or overdo it. The reason for this is sometimes others falsify or stretch the truth and tend to glorify Satan's work rather than God's. (Pet Peeve: I've heard a lot of people share their testimony and spend about 90% of the time talking about Rock N Roll, drugs and Sex and less than 10% on the rest)

II. Share how you became a Christian. Use scripture. Talk about God's grace, forgiveness ... when you became a Christian. Celebrate it. For me I use the phrase:

Saved by Grace, through faith - I repented, confessed, in immersion (Baptism) unto Good works. Some use the Roman Road; others the Wordless book etc. Be creative.

III. Share what God is doing in your life right now. There are lots of stories here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should Reflect on the past, but don't stay in it.

Live in the present. Make the most of every day.

Strive for the future. Have a passion, vision for the hope of which we've been given.

So how about it? What is your story?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.