Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Top 10 Things to be Banned in Youth Ministry.
1. The "I know it All" Youth Worker.
2. The "Entertain Teens always" model
3. Thinking Relationships are the goal. (Its the means not the goal)
4. The "Informercial" Conferences that disguise themselves as "ministries" only to sell their T-shirts, conferences, speakers' books, missions trips, concerts, and then have their own industry staff call you all the time to sign up again next year for their bat .. I mean conference.
5. The excluding of parents involvement in ministry.
6. Gross Games that endanger young people. Chubby Bunny, Drinking a gallon of milk.
7. Publishers who send their curriculum free or T-shirt Fundraisers (see #4) preview only you are tricked into paying for the Big Shipping. (Hint: Have a FREE preview online)
8. Sexy Trendy trying to be Cool - Youth Ministry. (see 1-2) Not every youth ministry has to be exactly like Doug Fields or 180 or with Extreme anything in its name.
9. Activity Driven Youth Ministry. Activities in and of themselves aren't bad but when programs and we become a complainer of other activities and think "soccer" and other sports compete with our "Youth group" maybe we need to rethink what YM is about.
10. Numbers as the only indicator of Growth. Numbers can be one of many variables but comparisons and playing the number game is immature. God has given you enough students that you can account for on the day of judgment. If that means one student invest in that one or one hundred and one.
Sincerity – being yourself in any direction. “Sincerity makes the least ,am to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” Charles ...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...