10. Not involving, including, informing, communicating with the parents.
9. Talking bad and disrespecting the other Staff you work with, especially those you are accountable to.
8. Misuse and mis-spending of money. don't handle it. Be above reproach.
7. Not thinking through on Gross Games. Some are downright dangerous and well can damage your ministry.
6. Not having any rules, policies or procedures in place. Better Safe than Sued is always a good motto. Background checks etc.
5. Being alone with any student. Be above reproach. Make sure you are NEVER alone with the opposite sex or same Sex!
4. Having no accountability nor action plans in your life. It is always good to know what direction you are headed. Always good to have a friend in which you can confide in.
3. Not following through on things you would say you would do. It almost makes you a liar and contradicts that of saying one thing but living another.
2. No connection with God. Faking it. There is only so far you can go and others soon will find out you are not living the authentic lifestyle for God.
1. You really don't like nor love kids. Don't feel a calling to youth ministry and see it as a stepping stone. Two words for you: "Get out" Students pick up on genuine love (see #2)
You need to love God and love others.
As to wrecking things, saying the wrong words .... let's just say I'm on my 4th laptop in less than 5yrs; slipped on some cuss words; said some things I probably never meant; wrecked the church van a few times; and well done some very stupid stuff but am very thankful for grace, forgiveness, mercy, responsibility and trust the current leadership has. There would of been some churches I'd be gone along time ago.
The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost. (From Caller July, 1989) Prescription for Unhappiness: 1. Make little...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Saw this from a church newsletter and thought to share: BE A FOUNTAIN NOT A DRAIN I saw a marquee in front of a church’s building t...