Here is the Rough Draft of my article I wrote for our Church April Newsletter




“I don’t try to take out the speck of sawdust in my Brother’s eye; I’m too busy trying to lumber out the forest in my own.” G.Fess in reference to Matthew 7:3-5.

“You can have all the money in the world. You can everything under the tree you ever wanted. And if you are sitting there alone, you are the saddest, loneliest human being on the planet, and there is absolutely nothing that money can buy that will fill your soul.” Actress Jamie Lee Curtis USA Today, December 27.

“ …because God said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’ “ Hebrews 13:5 NIV.

My friend, Len Evans, continually reminds me that God is in control. Len and I met awhile back, and really have been an encouragement to one another. Len is a youth worker, husband, father, author, and most importantly loves God. In one of his latest articles, “God is in Control …Yada …Yada …Yada …” Youthworker Journal March/ April 2005 he reflects on God’s calling and working in his life. He went from the Ups and Downs of Youth Ministry and in the end wrote the following:

“Through this process I learned several things: to trust God more than my resume; that contentment comes from God’s plans, not mine: and it’s okay to hurt when life’s circumstances go from bad to horrid. Most importantly, I learned that God is in control.”

This past month, our church has learned that, and continues to learn that. With God moving of where we can be with our facilities, with a great CCYC (Teen convention), and the endless possibilities for the future. God is working, moving, shaping, and making us in His image. God has a purpose for us and I’m glad He is in control. There is no magic formula for Growing our church other than Do What God says, and He’ll give the increase.

So let’s continue to press on, do what God says, ask, seek, knock and the possibilities are endless. See you Sunday.
-Gerrard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.