Wednesday, April 09, 2014
Lessons from the Skating Rink that the Church can Learn From.
(Inspired by a conversation I had with Evelyn Cronin)
1. Never Skate alone
2. Conversation is always Welcomed.
3. Lots of Food, Lights and seats equals delights.
4. The more people know the songs; the more they will sing along.
5. People of all ages like to try something new.
6. There are no Generation gaps on the rink. People of all ages are either skating or encouraging one another.
7. Encouragement goes a long ways.
8. Everyone knows why they are there.
9. There is always room for improvement.
10. When someone falls down - there is always someone there to help them back up.
11. Skating friends make everlasting buddies. Never Give Up!!
The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost. (From Caller July, 1989) Prescription for Unhappiness: 1. Make little...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Saw this from a church newsletter and thought to share: BE A FOUNTAIN NOT A DRAIN I saw a marquee in front of a church’s building t...