YM and Its Future (I originally wrote this back in 2008)
Seems everyone is talking about the future of youth ministry.
So here are some things I suggest youth ministry can do without:
1. Gimmicks - finger blasters, trying to be cool toys to give out!
2. Games - such as chubby bunny or games that just embarrass kids.
3. More books on youth ministry. It seems everyone has written on it.
4. Focus on solely students or just youthworkers. Let's not forget their Number one influence in their lives is their parents.
5. The Blame Game of competing with Extra-curricular activities. I'm so sick of hearing youth pastors whine and complain - Oh, the school is competing or taking away from the students' youth group time or the parents' priorities aren't straight. (I'm thinking UMM Idiot get a life ... the parents are trying to do the best they can ...how about equipping your students to be light into their community instead of the little holy huddle in your youth group bubble?)
6. Complete copying others purpose driven, values, vision, etc without making it your own and adapting it to your context. I get it. Doug Fields is great but in middle of nowhere nebraska the whole let's be completely like the next mega church Guy doesn't work. Students can smell a Rat.
What things do you think Youth ministry can do without?
what are some of the things that Church Leaders would not want people to know? (I wrote this in 2011) I. We mess up all the time. Sure t...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
There are three types of people when it comes to the truth. There are: I. The Hiders. They deny and hide the truth of God. II. The Hur...
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...