Debunking the myths


18 mth Myth of youth ministers stay.
Then there was the 4% lie Group Magazine pointed out in 2008
this month debunks the Dropout Rate Myth.

Then of course there is the whole misuse of stats to support one's own agenda. Sure people mean well but please don't try to further lies. It seems Christianity and Youth Ministry especially need their own snopes or truthorfiction site.
I think its being naive, gullible or what have you. We need to use discernment and be as gentle as doves and wise as serpents. Too bad the internet has become a fast place to spreading the myths and urban legends in youth ministry. I wonder if there are more urban legends in youth ministry out there? I wonder if youthministryurbanlegends dot com is taken?

or even preaching urban myths dot com ...

Guess I have to use snopes ; urban legends; and hoax slayer as sources before spreading misleading information.

Anyone else see the myths and legends spreading on social media and sick of it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.