I Love the Bride of Christ.



I love the Bride of Christ. So often I tend to be her biggest critic but also her biggest fan. Why is that? I've seen the worst in the Bride but also the best. The ole saying goes that "the church is the only army in the world that shoots its wounded."

So why do I love the Bride of Christ?

I. Because I am part of the Bride, the body of Christ Romans 12

II. Because of her mission: To go and make disciples. Matt. 28

III. Because we are to love the Groom, Jesus. Mark 12:28-34.

IV. Because we are to rejoice. Phil. 4:4

V. Because we are to love one another. 1 John 4

VI. Because Jesus gave His life for the Bride. Eph.4:25-27

I may be critical of the Bride of Christ at times but I've seen the best in the church in wanting to be Jesus' hands and feet to a lost world. It is in times like those I love the Bride ...am proud that I am part of the Church and get to not "Play" church or "Goto" church but actually "BE" the church.

so how are you being the Bride of Christ? Love the Bride? See ways she can improve? Trying to improve yourself? Let's strive together to be the church God would be proud of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.