The George Zimmerman in Me.



George Zimmerman
has been all over the news.

If you don't know who he is ...here is a quick intro. Mr. Zimmerman killed a teenage boy, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012. He, as a neighbourhood watch captain was trailing, and (accused of) profiling Trayvon and shot him after a struggle of some sorts and ended Trayvon's life.


Now how is Zimmerman like me?

I. Zimmerman doesn't have it all together.

II. Sometimes we think we can handle things on our own, with our own vices. Zimmeran did so, even after calling 9-1-1 decided to trail and confront what he saw was an intruder.

III. Ego and Pride come in. I'm sure both the Zimmerman and Martin families wish Feb. 26 didn't happen.

How does this deal with me?

Like, Zimmerman, the flesh or sinful nature takes control. We think we have it all together ...we can handle it ...we don't need God in our lives ... The problem is that is so far from the truth.

After we cave into the pressure - we confront and often in the wrong ways what we see as "The enemy" We think pressure, escape, and avoiding the situation helps. Sometimes we make up stories or even if true ... hide from it.

The reality is whether Zimmerman meant to shoot Trayvon or not ...(That's for the courts to decide) ..the fact is there is some of Zimmerman in each of us. None of us is perfect. We fall short. We're sinful. There is racism in this world ...unfortunately. Romans talks about that we all have sinned. And there is a penalty for that sin. And while God demonstrates His love through Jesus .... we have access to the Father because of the ONLY One that is perfect and our perfect Sacrifice and Mediator - the Son of Man, Jesus Christ.

There may have been a George Zimmerman in me but thanks be to Christ; I now have the Holy Spirit within me.

How about you? Zimmerman in you or set Free because of the Grace given?


(Updated edit - I had profiled but don't know that or not so put alleged profiled - the point is when we sin things get out of control ... may we point to Jesus)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.