Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Humour Versus Coarse Joking.
Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
I like to joke, and enjoy life just as much as anyone. So where is the line between coarse joking and joking?
You have to ask yourself several questions:
1. Is it in fun?
2. Is it hurting someone's feelings? (I've seen many people insult others thinking it was funny but was far from funny ... you can poke about yourself, and your life, but please don't others or put them down - sometimes I'm guilty of this)
3. Is the joke rude or crude or not pleasing (Phil.4:8,9 comes to mind: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. )
4. Does it make others encouraged or think what was that?
5. Will you and others laugh at it later?
6. Sometimes it is good to learn from your mistakes and laugh at them ... and other times it is best to leave things alone.
7. Will this come back to haunt me? (I remember some of my practical jokes in college and now am thinking - what in the world was I thinking? - I'm just glad they didn't have the internet back then - but reminds me of Ed. Young Jr. Rebuking Cursing Church leaders
and yet has this play on words video Can of Woop Bass
8. In all things does it bring God the glory?
What jokes do you like? What jokes have you told you wish you didn't?
I laugh alot because I also cry alot. Ministry can be tough; but also can be seen through the laughs and the tears.
Sincerity – being yourself in any direction. “Sincerity makes the least ,am to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” Charles ...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...