An old post from 2006 from another blog:
Things do differently:
1. I would definitely Pray more. Spend more time in prayer.
2. Delegate more. The better you can inspire and administer things, the better balance to your own life.
3. Have better resources. PDYM, and My First 2yrs in YM weren't written yet. I wish someone told me these things long ago.
4. Take care of my own soul. So often I so busy trying to save the world, I forget to feed myself.
5. Take more retreats. With my family, youth, and feed students. There is nothing like NWYC, CIY, Marriage conventions.
6. Choose wisely. I think some of the ministries I went to, I didn't choose wisely until recently. Or rather they might not of either ... I was (and still am) a goofball. I think it was a learning experience for all my ministries. I do appreciate those churches and the life lessons they gave me. (I might have to write a blog post of those lessons)
7. Leadership is everything. Be a leader. Influence. And make sure your leaders are behind you.
8. Make the most of every moment. Today for example I hung out with a youth intern @ another church to build a relationship and encourage. Having the parents more involved.
9. Know your strengths and weaknesses. I think knowing thyself is a good thing. Personality tests, and such come in handy.
10. Loving God and loving students more. I think this essential helped me stay on focus and wish I did it more.
Any others you would add?
The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost. (From Caller July, 1989) Prescription for Unhappiness: 1. Make little...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Saw this from a church newsletter and thought to share: BE A FOUNTAIN NOT A DRAIN I saw a marquee in front of a church’s building t...