Pragmatism versus Programs


Currently I'm in that situation in ministry where we're "too big to be small but too small to be big." It is an interesting situation. There are some thinking we need more programs, more quick fixes, more ...more ..more.

I had a dialogue with someone that said "Well you don't have this or that ..." And seemed to be more of a consumer than a server. (There also others who saw issues but also wanted to be a part of the solution; not the problem)

One of the issues with programs is that is what your church sometimes becomes known for. We might be committed to our church, but are we The Lord?

What we win them with, is what we have to keep them with. If gimmicks, give-aways, FREE this or that ...guess what you have to continue doing?

Right now I believe we're trying to think what is the One or Two things we do well ...and let's do them even better. Let's be known to be Jesus in the community .... not doing a food drive, drive thru, relay (And not saying these things are bad and are tools but what are we doing besides the latest and greatest next thing?)

I'm praying that our congregation doesn't become lost in mediocrity but is more about Loving God, loving people and changing the world.

How does one do that? That I'm taking it one step at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.