A Fresh Start Review



So I just finished reading Doug Fields' latest book Fresh Start is just that ...an invitation to a great life. It is a challenge. Getting beyond the little things of life to that of being who God wants you to be.

Doug gives insight on how one can go beyond the old life to that of the life God wants for you. Doug's chapter on Freedom from Hurt is well worth the price of the book. I know there have been times I have been hurt and hurt others and had to go over the exercise of Canceling the Debt as hhe describes on page 71. Letting go of that hurt. So often I wanted to dwell on it.

As he concludes his book, he shares that of investing in that of which you value most. And most likely it isn't stuff, but rather Family. He cites the whole example of cell phones and driving and the whole disruption of the "Mr. Spock earpiece" while your children are craving attention.

One of the things I appreciate about the book is "It's not about harder, it's about plugging into God's transforming power." That is which I can agree.

A short little book of which I've learned some.

** Thomas Nelson sent me this copy awhile back FREE **

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.