Teens and Missions


Tomorrow I speak during our missions moment to highlight our teens doing "Service Projects." To be honest, I'm struggling with this.

I want our students to serve. I want them to be the Hands and Feet of Jesus. So what is the problem?

I don't want this to become "Look what great teens we have" and pat ourselves on the back but rather look what God is doing through our Teens - follow their example and be Jesus to others as well.

Maybe that is how I'll phrase it. Serve because the greatest Servant of All came to serve as well.

Comments

Unknown said…
That's something I struggle with myself. They deserve recognition but all too often it goes overboard! Some people tell me that means I don't really have a heart for teens! But, my goal is to not make them feel superior to everyone else and to remind them that they have to be in the trenches as well.

Popular posts from this blog

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

I Hate David Crowder

Just a line to say I'm Living.