Church Myth Debunked: It is all about relationships!


I'm hearing alot of church lingo lately with the newest trend being that in order to grow your church it has to be based upon relationships. That relationship building and maintaining is what leads to presenting truth and transformation.

I would urge caution. Relationships are the means, not the goal. The church isn't suppose to be about relationships - it is suppose to be about Jesus.

A church that is centered on Jesus will have the relationships and enhance the transformation - not relationship centered to enhance Jesus. Jesus doesn't need enhancement. God does the transformation. So often we build relationships thinking we do the changing, but the Holy Spirit acts on our behalf.

I've seen alot of churches base their theology and "Gimmicks" on relationships as the end rather than the means. It isn't about relationships ...it is all about Jesus. And sometimes I need to be reminded of that too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.