Friday, February 16, 2007
Top 10 Important Things Every Youthworker needs to know.
1. Your relationship with God is more important than your ministry. Take time to tend to your soul.
2. Your Family is important. Do not neglect your family. They are your number one ministry.
3. Learn to delegate responsibility. The more you equip - the less you do yourself.
4. Spend time alone. - Get a hobby. It will help your sanity.
5. Be a life long learner. Invest in resources, studies, online etc.
6. Choose your battles wisely. Not every hill is worth dying for. Learn conflict resolution and even have others take the heat off of you.
7. Build relationships that will last.
8. The Kingdom of God is Bigger than your one Church. Learn to network, get to know other churches, learn from them and vice versa.
9. Be a leader. Be responsible and be the leader God called you to be - don't try to be something you are not.
10. Be humble. Part of that is being authentic. Not everyone is buddy buddy with Doug Fields, knows Marko, or even can speak at Group's or YS' or whoever's denominational YouthWorkers' convention. Be who God called you to be, not this trying to be a "Minor" Christian celebrity. I know I'm definitely not.
What would you add to the list? Thoughts?
Sincerity – being yourself in any direction. “Sincerity makes the least ,am to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” Charles ...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...