Recently I got asked about starting a new youth group or student ministry from the ground up. Here is my response.
1. Some Resources: www.youthspecialties.com www.pastor2youth.com
2. Build Relationships - with teens, sponsors and parents.
3. Know what you want your ministry to look like and go from there.
4. Take your time. Rome wasn't built overnite - and neither were
these mega student ministries. Build the Kingdom - one kid at a time.
5. Pray. Depend on God. Reflect.
6. Make sure your soul is being feed.
7. Relationships with your staff and other pastors. Network. Goto
conventions, pick some youthworkers' brains who have been there, done
8. Be flexible. Be a lifetime learner.
9. Read things such as My First 2 yrs in YM by Doug Fields, Starting
from Scratch, How to Expand your YM,
10. Have fun.
Being from Canada ...I'm a Hockey fan. Follow the Leafs, like the Jays. Went I went to college everyone had their teams ..... College ...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Funerals, memorials are a way to say goodbye. Those that are Christians, we have the hope to see each other again. The 4 Rs in dealing wi...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...