Recently I got asked about starting a new youth group or student ministry from the ground up. Here is my response.
1. Some Resources: www.youthspecialties.com www.pastor2youth.com
2. Build Relationships - with teens, sponsors and parents.
3. Know what you want your ministry to look like and go from there.
4. Take your time. Rome wasn't built overnite - and neither were
these mega student ministries. Build the Kingdom - one kid at a time.
5. Pray. Depend on God. Reflect.
6. Make sure your soul is being feed.
7. Relationships with your staff and other pastors. Network. Goto
conventions, pick some youthworkers' brains who have been there, done
8. Be flexible. Be a lifetime learner.
9. Read things such as My First 2 yrs in YM by Doug Fields, Starting
from Scratch, How to Expand your YM,
10. Have fun.
Sincerity – being yourself in any direction. “Sincerity makes the least ,am to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” Charles ...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...