Recently I got asked about starting a new youth group or student ministry from the ground up. Here is my response.
1. Some Resources: www.youthspecialties.com www.pastor2youth.com
2. Build Relationships - with teens, sponsors and parents.
3. Know what you want your ministry to look like and go from there.
4. Take your time. Rome wasn't built overnite - and neither were
these mega student ministries. Build the Kingdom - one kid at a time.
5. Pray. Depend on God. Reflect.
6. Make sure your soul is being feed.
7. Relationships with your staff and other pastors. Network. Goto
conventions, pick some youthworkers' brains who have been there, done
8. Be flexible. Be a lifetime learner.
9. Read things such as My First 2 yrs in YM by Doug Fields, Starting
from Scratch, How to Expand your YM,
10. Have fun.
The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost. (From Caller July, 1989) Prescription for Unhappiness: 1. Make little...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Saw this from a church newsletter and thought to share: BE A FOUNTAIN NOT A DRAIN I saw a marquee in front of a church’s building t...