A Prayer

 

Came across this written prayer recently: May it be yours.


Humility in Service

Mighty God,

I humble myself for faculties misused. opportunities neglected.

words ill-advised,

I repent of my folly and inconsiderate ways,  my broken resolutions, untrue service, my backsliding steps,

my vain thoughts.

0 bury my sins in the ocean of Jesus' blood

and let no evil result from my fretfuJ temper; unseemly behavior, provoking pettiness.

If by unkindness  I   have wounded or hurt another,

do thou pour in the balm of heavenly consolation;

If 1have turned coldly from need, misery, grief, do not in just anger forsake me;

If I  have withheld relief from penury' and pain, do not withhold the gracious bounty from me.

If I have shunned those who have offended me,

keep open the door of thy heart to my need.

 

Fill me wi h an overflowing ocean of compassion, the reign of love my motive,

the law of  love  my. rule.

 

O thou God of all grace, make me more thankful, more humble;

Inspire me with a deep sense of my unworthiness arising from

the depravity of my nature, my omitted duties,

my unimproved  advantages, thy commands violated by me.

With all my calls to gratitude and joy may I remember that I have reason for sorrow and humiliation;

0 give me repentance unto life;

Cement my oneness with my blessed Lord,

that faith may adhere to him more immoveably,

that love may entwine it elf round him more tightly

that his spirit may pervade every fibre of my being. Then send me out to make hi m known to my fellow men.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.