Covid 19 - Church and Re-Opening.


Recently I've been thinking about the last 8-9 weeks. Have I done enough? Communicated effectively? When we first started, we took pre-cautions for our services. Then we cancelled. Then we went online. And now currently offering 2 services as well as online with other pre-cautions added to our facility.

The one thing I'm seeing is that each response and church is different, and responding differently in their context.

Some of doing Drive-in, some still streaming. Others criticizing for not meeting, others for meeting too soon. No matter what in these times Leadership is important and it is easy to sit on the sidelines to be critical.

The other thing I'm realizing is what WE do (as the Church) matters. We need to have a Kingdom mindset. Recently someone mentioned there will be 3 types of churches that in their response to this crisis and how they response.

There will be those that:

1. Dive ... in other words won't make it due to finances and lack of resources. This should break our hearts.

2. Those that Survive. We've overcome let's get things back to normal. Personally, I don't think there will be a "normal" just a different normal... much like our responses in the past like 9-11 and so forth. Things will and are different.

3. Those that Thrive. They will be better and striving to impact their community.

My prayer is that we help each other. I've been in a lot of ZOOM, webinar meetings on what to do, not to do etc. The problem is they aren't in my context. The best thing I can and any leader can do is to seek guidance, prayer, and trust in the ONE who is in control. Our Hope is in Christ. Prayers appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.