The Age of Aslan

The Age of Aslan.



Key Verse: “She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” – Matthew 1: 21 (New International Version)

Read: Revelation 21


“And as He spoke (Aslan) He no longer looked to them like a lion; but things that began to happen after that that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all stories, and we can truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of The Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.” (pg. 210 CS Lewis The Last Battle)

Jesus. The Great Lion of Judah. Lamb of God. The One who took away our sins. Jesus, who came, lived, died, rose and is coming again. Jesus – the one Who created us, and loves us. Our lives are just the title page to the Great Story. Are you looking forward to eternity?

Thoughts to ponder:

1. How am I staying away from the Witch’s traps?
2. How am I more like Peter and magnificent?
3. Are there ways I can be more gentle like Susan?
4. Can I be more Valiant and bold like Lucy?
5. How have I changed in my own life like Edmund?
6. Has the story of God really changed and impacted me – the stone table being torn in 2?


As we conclude this week, recognize that this wasn’t about a movie but about God’s story impacting your life. May you continue to be a part of that story.




How Today’s devotion applies to me:




Decisions I’ve made this week and promises I’ve made to God:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

I Hate David Crowder

Just a line to say I'm Living.