Giving more Credit to the Devil than we Should!








Sometimes I think we give Satan more power than he has. Oh, the devil made me do it. Oh it is the devil's fault. Oh, the devil is doing this to me ...as if the devil is everywhere and can be everywhere like God. He can't. Sometimes the greatest enemy isn't the devil but ourselves.

The devil tempts us and is a roaring lion and disguised himself as an angel of light ...but ultimately we choose to fall into that sin or not. The devil doesn't make you do anything. We like to use him as a scapegoat much like what people do in talk shows.

James 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.




We have 3 things that make up a person:

1. Genetics. What get from parents. I was born ugly going to stay that way.

2. Environment - peers, tv, radio, internet. (If don't believe influence of music or commercials why they spend millions on 30 second commercial for superbowl?) They influence you ... things like the the song the joy of ....(Cola) or the song "We like to goto the Y ...." you know the rest (Think Village People)

3. The Will. We choose to sin or not sin. this is where it gets to people. They like to complain and say it was my upbringing because I didn't get that Big Wheeler when I was 5 so I shoot and killed someone ...No, you shoot and killed someone because you're an idiot and need to take responsibility for your actions. We all will and do.


Ecclesiastes 12 (KJV)

13Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.