From the June Newsletter

A Special Thought on why be here at Bonnie Brae?
“-God gives nuts, but he does not crack them.” German proverb.
A church sign I saw recently “Our church is like fudge; mostly sweet with a few nuts.” Of course this past year someone from our church family gave me a hat that reads “The Head Nut” (How fitting).
A little work goes a long ways. Bonnie Brae works hard to provide opportunities for worship, growth and fellowship. With a little extra effort on your part, you can have tremendous blessings.
Sunday Mornings. Starts at 9:30 with coffee and donuts. A good time of fellowship and a time to get relaxed as we prepare for the day. I’ve been blessed to talk and have some small chats before our services start over a cup of joe and see how people are doing. Then after our Bible school; is our main worship service which offers a time of worship, communion, preaching, and a time to respond to the service.
Bible School. We have been blessed with several outstanding teachers in our adult Bible school program. This hour offers opportunities for fellowship, discussion, prayer and an in depth study that can’t be equal in other settings.
Wednesday Night Bible Study and Thursday Morning. Before I became involved in church ministry, I always thought going to Bible study was giving up my time. Now I look at it as to what I gain: knowledge, friendship, prayer life, support, encouragement, connectedness, joy etc.
Nuts take effort to crack, but they are worth it! Put a little effort into your walk with Christ, and you will be blessed. He is worth it! Join us at Bonnie Brae to be the Church God has called us to be. Be involved.
In Him,

-Gerrard
Hebrews 10:25 NASB “ …not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.