I admit I'm not the best preacher in the world. It takes time and effort. I don't mind the administration and pastoral part but preaching is hard. I believe in preaching God's Word. I believe it changes lives. I believe it takes time and effort. Thus it is my struggle and I have to continually try to improve my preaching, style and present the Good news of Christ in the best possible way.
Here are some ways I am trying to improve my own preaching:
1. Listening to great preachers.
2. Practice my own preaching.
3. Listen to my own sermons and see what mannerisms I should avoid.
4. Pray ....pray .... pray .....
5. Use great communication resources. (I had recently a friend send me a good resource on improving communication - good stuff)
6. See what others are doing?
are there other tools, resources you have for improving your preaching? What are you doing?
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Funerals, memorials are a way to say goodbye. Those that are Christians, we have the hope to see each other again. The 4 Rs in dealing wi...