I admit I'm not the best preacher in the world. It takes time and effort. I don't mind the administration and pastoral part but preaching is hard. I believe in preaching God's Word. I believe it changes lives. I believe it takes time and effort. Thus it is my struggle and I have to continually try to improve my preaching, style and present the Good news of Christ in the best possible way.
Here are some ways I am trying to improve my own preaching:
1. Listening to great preachers.
2. Practice my own preaching.
3. Listen to my own sermons and see what mannerisms I should avoid.
4. Pray ....pray .... pray .....
5. Use great communication resources. (I had recently a friend send me a good resource on improving communication - good stuff)
6. See what others are doing?
are there other tools, resources you have for improving your preaching? What are you doing?
Sincerity – being yourself in any direction. “Sincerity makes the least ,am to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” Charles ...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...