Friday, June 28, 2013
The 3Rs in Relationships.
This week I had a session at Oak Hill Christian Camp in Mechanicsville, VA with some of the Teens in Training about relationships.
Here are some things I mentioned (Including the 3Rs)
1. The Importance of knowing names.(And the meaning behind them .... a rose by any other name would not be a rose)
2. First Impressions.
3. Looking people in the eye and shaking their hand firmly.
4. The 4 rules of Respect God, Respect Each other, Respect the Property and No Dying.
5. You are sons and daughters of the King ...let's treat each other as God would. He gave us Jesus.
So what are the 3Rs?
1. Be Real. People can tell if you are fake. Be a real friend. Proverbs 17:17 - A friend loves at all times.
2. Be Reliable. (Story of David and Jonathon) - be dependable. Be there when a friend needs you - just listen.
3. Be Respectful. You might not always agree with someone but respect and love for people goes a long ways. (Greatest Commandment from Mark 12:28-34 fits here)
Sincerity – being yourself in any direction. “Sincerity makes the least ,am to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” Charles ...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...