Friday, June 28, 2013
The 3Rs in Relationships.
This week I had a session at Oak Hill Christian Camp in Mechanicsville, VA with some of the Teens in Training about relationships.
Here are some things I mentioned (Including the 3Rs)
1. The Importance of knowing names.(And the meaning behind them .... a rose by any other name would not be a rose)
2. First Impressions.
3. Looking people in the eye and shaking their hand firmly.
4. The 4 rules of Respect God, Respect Each other, Respect the Property and No Dying.
5. You are sons and daughters of the King ...let's treat each other as God would. He gave us Jesus.
So what are the 3Rs?
1. Be Real. People can tell if you are fake. Be a real friend. Proverbs 17:17 - A friend loves at all times.
2. Be Reliable. (Story of David and Jonathon) - be dependable. Be there when a friend needs you - just listen.
3. Be Respectful. You might not always agree with someone but respect and love for people goes a long ways. (Greatest Commandment from Mark 12:28-34 fits here)
The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost. (From Caller July, 1989) Prescription for Unhappiness: 1. Make little...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Saw this from a church newsletter and thought to share: BE A FOUNTAIN NOT A DRAIN I saw a marquee in front of a church’s building t...