My Connection to the Hamilton Tigercats


Make no mistake about it ...I'm not a regular NFL fan. I know the teams and some of the players but not a real fan of any team. The only exception might of been the whole "R-E-S-P-E-C-T Yourself era of the Buffalo Bills and Jim Kelley" Anyone else remember that? I remember being asked when I was in Seminary ..wanting to go see some player on the campus of Anderson University ... and people inviting me to see some rival of this Leaf guy ...some guy name Peyton Manning.

I passed, and am kicking myself ever since. As a kid I watched hockey. I watched my brother play. I liked the Leafs. Always wanted Hamilton to get a team ... and played outside on the creek backyard and in the Selkirk park.

When I was in the 8th grade I broke my leg trying to catch a football. Bernie Ruoff came to visit me. I had this photo of his signed. I even have a signed CFL football. I loved the Hamilton Ti-cats as a kid. I had cheated one time in High school and went to an Argos game (Of course this game featured The Rocket, the Great one was there, got to yell hi to John Candy and meet Eric Lindros - what a great birthday gift - and long story short - first and last time met my biological father)

Anyways ... all of this random stuff ... is that I love the Hamilton Tigercats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

I Hate David Crowder

Just a line to say I'm Living.