Don't Give Up!

There are plenty of times people just want to throw in the towel .... Give up ...Quit ... move on ... resign. Feel like a failure. I've been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Made some silly mistakes.

As I'm reading God's Word - I'm reminded again, and again ...not to give up. Quit whinning. The Christian life isn't a cake walk. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

In my office I have a little saying not far from my desk that is entitled: Don't Quit

When things go wrong,
as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging
seems all up hill;
When the funds are low;
and the debts are high;
And you want to smile;
but you have to sigh;
When care is pressing
you down a bit,
Rest if you must,
but don't you quit.
-Anonymous.

In 1 Thess. 4:18 it says "Therefore encourage one another with these words" talking about the hope we have and the coming of the Lord. Don't give up. The journey we're on - is we're in this together. There is joy in the journey and the hope we have in Christ.

Sometimes the greatest we need to know that God isn't finished with us yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

I Hate David Crowder

Just a line to say I'm Living.