Fall to Grace by Jay Bakker - A Review.

Sometimes re-discovering something or finding out things the hard way is a part of life. It seems Jay Bakker has learned some things the hard way. If I was going to say anything about this book it seems Jay's story is about how one views God in tough times, relies on God's Grace and see how He (God) transforms people.

From his parents' scandal, to his own messy life, Jay is very frank, honest in his own dealings with life, grace, and how it changed him.

This book is very elementary in its reading, but thought provoking for anyone (Theologian to layperson). Some of his premises I might not agree with (Agree to disagree) but see the need to see people as God would see them.

One of the great things I liked about this book was it gave a raw feeling to those that were disillusioned with the church; and it didn't need to be so. One of the bigger drawbacks of this book was it seemed to deal with one theological issue that the church tends to frown down upon. (and where I would differ somewhat from Jay but also take his passion for taking people where they are).

A short read. If I was to review this I would give a 3.5 out of 5 stars...

(Disclaimer: I received this as a Viral blogger for the ooze.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.