Generation iY: A Review.

Generation iY is to Youth Ministry hat Chap Clark's book Hurt was several years ago. Highly recommended reading that my friend Neal told me about ...and I went out and purchased right away.

The author, Tim Elmore, gives an intriguing insight to this generation of which I'm a parent of. The author gives insight to how we got here. He gives the different generation comparisons and the struggles of the iY Generation.

Tim Elmore doesn't give a doom and gloom message, but rather on of practical insight and ideas to feeding, caring, and empowering the leaders of this generation.

pg. 108 "James Baldwin once penned: 'Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they never failed to imitate them.'"

The author cites the lies we told like: "You can be anything you want."  "Everyone needs to go to college"

On pg. 172 the author cites some facts for this Generation:

"Never known the world without the internet"

"Iraq & Afghanistan have always been front page stories."

"Bono and Madonna are aging singers"

The concluding remarks sums up the book: "If you want happiness for a lifetime, help the next generation." pg. 207.

I recommend any parent, youth worker, educator, and church leader to read this book. Helps gives insight and in today's culture. A must for all Youth Ministers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.