A Ministry Idea

Here is an idea you can use. I have done this recently and think it is a good habit. After my funeral message, I have asked the family if they wished a copy of my message and would send it to them for their own records. Why do I do this? One for closure. People like to have something special and remember their loved one in their final good-byes. Secondly it helped showed I cared to give them a copy and that extra something they can cherish. And finally it says you're trying to be helpful in people's time of need. Don't forget to follow-up on those hurting and griefing.

Comments

Paul Wilkinson said…
Not to mention the fact that at times like this, a person's thought can be a million miles away, and while they seemed to be politely listening, they were possibly not able to process everything you said.

This way they can read it later.

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.