Thursday, July 22, 2010
Top 10 Things to Creating a Website
1. Know the purpose of it.
2. Know what you are going to include on it.
3. Start simple - maybe start with doing a blog as a site first things like blogger, yahoo, and that are helpful.
4. Have some online policies. Copyright, does and don't. What to include and not.
5. Know what software you are going to use. I recommend either knowing HTML or Frontpage.
6. Get a webmaster and others to contribute to it.
7. Get as many involved with it.
8. Keep it simple. Too much flash distracts.
9. Keep it updated. Nothing like seeing a website that hasn't been updated in months let alone years.
10. Have Fun ...use it as a tool not THE TOOL but "a" tool to promoting your ministry. Using other social media can be helpful too!
I wrote the above in 2006.
The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost. (From Caller July, 1989) Prescription for Unhappiness: 1. Make little...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Saw this from a church newsletter and thought to share: BE A FOUNTAIN NOT A DRAIN I saw a marquee in front of a church’s building t...