The 4 Rs in dealing with Death.

Recently, our church has had several family members whose family have since passed away. A year ago today I did a funeral of a young man who took his own life. This past weekend, a 43yr old man while shoveling his driveway just fell and was gone with one teen boy mere feet away. And then one of my college friends' sister (also a facebook friend) passed away at 35.

Here are some insights I have. First is I don't have all the answers, only God does. And that in such times I just listen, and be there.

Here are the 4Rs.

I. Reality. We are all going to die. When is the question. But we're all going to die. Death is an enemy.

II. Reason. Death was alien to God's plan. We were never intended to die - but due to sin.

III. Realm. There is a realm of separation of the soul from the body.

IV. Readiness of Death. Live your life in such a way that speaks of eternity.

I do not like Death. In fact as I'm writing this - today I have to go to 2 different funeral homes for funerals. Death, dying isn't easy. It affects you. I still carry the scars and wounds that death has had on me ...but it has made me stronger. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

How have you encounter death?

What do you say to someone that has lost a loved one?

And on a smaller note - if you would please pray for those families that lost loved ones and we're trying to minister to in the midst of tragedy. Thanks.

Comments

Joseph said…
Was checking out your 'blog and this caught my eye. Thanks for the mention, it truly means a lot to me. -Joseph

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.