9-11 - My Memories!

Here is what I wrote only a few days after Sept 11 - Sept 15,2001

In a week, where healing, comforting and tragedy has overtaken us; the only words I find myself asking is "What can I do?" Than I found out I wasn't alone. Knowing God was in control; and uplifting prayers; and having prayer services; making phone calls to check on churches in DC and NY. Getting donated goods; getting people to donate blood ..but there has to be more. So without delay; last nite - a band of Christians left to deliver good to NY. A six hour drive. Left 8pm back before 3pm Saturday.
In the several hours we spent dropping off goods; praying with others there; and seeing as close as we can the devastation ..I don't think I'll ever be the same. It is worse than even what you see. In walking by Vincent Hospital ..the "lost" notices ....the New Yorkers telling their stories at 3am in the morning; and the scenes of police; workers; and heavy equipment being transported.



I was wondering; and hoping; and praying. I'll never be the same. It was a memorable; sleepless; prayerful nite. One in which you sense evil; see good; and embrace and seek God. It took me a 10- 12 hour trip late last nite to find that my journey is different now. God is there even as the dust is settling in the midst of Manhattan. Picture, after picture ..it is not just the faces on TV; but these were real; real to me. I talked with some; prayed with some. Hoping God used me; yet questioning; not having the answers; but knowing Who does. Just thought I'd share my adventures as a band of Christians late last nite dropped off some goods for the WTC relief.

Gman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.