Thursday, September 24, 2009
6 Things I like about Doug Fields
Some of you may actually think I have a love-hate relationship with Doug Fields
But I don't.
Here are some Great things I think Doug has done in light of him recently resigning and taking a Big Leap of Faith
Here are what I believe to be some of Doug's greatest resources.
1. His book: what Matters Most. Definitely a keeper and for any church leader.
2. Your First Two Years in Youth Ministry. I wish I had this resource when I first started out in Youth Ministry.
3. Purpose Driven Life ..(OK He didn't write that) but Purpose Driven Youth Ministry has shaped and challenged youth ministries to ask the tough questions on what is the purpose of what we are doing and why?
4. Simply Youth Ministry
a great resource and site.
5. His honesty and vulnerability
6. Power play trivia Games. I use mine occasionally.
I like also how he points people to Jesus. Somehow I think his resigning we won't see him more in youth ministry work as much as we'll see him encouraging youth workers to do youth ministry more.
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...