Thursday, September 24, 2009
6 Things I like about Doug Fields
Some of you may actually think I have a love-hate relationship with Doug Fields
But I don't.
Here are some Great things I think Doug has done in light of him recently resigning and taking a Big Leap of Faith
Here are what I believe to be some of Doug's greatest resources.
1. His book: what Matters Most. Definitely a keeper and for any church leader.
2. Your First Two Years in Youth Ministry. I wish I had this resource when I first started out in Youth Ministry.
3. Purpose Driven Life ..(OK He didn't write that) but Purpose Driven Youth Ministry has shaped and challenged youth ministries to ask the tough questions on what is the purpose of what we are doing and why?
4. Simply Youth Ministry
a great resource and site.
5. His honesty and vulnerability
6. Power play trivia Games. I use mine occasionally.
I like also how he points people to Jesus. Somehow I think his resigning we won't see him more in youth ministry work as much as we'll see him encouraging youth workers to do youth ministry more.
The Following is a prescription that should be avoided at all cost. (From Caller July, 1989) Prescription for Unhappiness: 1. Make little...
The Following is my own thoughts ...after this past Sunday ...one of our biggest attendances and one of the best Homecomings we have had .....
Lots of people love TV shows. Several of mine: Happy Days, Six Million Dollar man in the 70s. In the 80s: Cheers, Cosby Show, and in the 90s...
Saw this from a church newsletter and thought to share: BE A FOUNTAIN NOT A DRAIN I saw a marquee in front of a church’s building t...