I have an apology to make. In my own rush in judgement and cleverly title articles I had communicated the wrong message. What I thought I said and what others had read seem to communicate 2 different things.

I was trying to through more of a dose of reality that we don't need to be the next superstar or the next mega anything in youth ministry, but be who God wants us to be and love Him, and follow Him alone.

My hope was that youthworker who only has 2 kids in his youth group would be encouraged, even though his ministry wasn't Saddleback - but that he was doing ministry. I truly enjoy the parable of the talents and that of the sower, why? Because sometimes we sow or use what we have and God gives the increase.

The last thing I wanted to do was bring discredit or down play another youthworker's ministry. "What I intended (And didn't accomplish) was to un-intimidate those youth workers who were discouraged because of all the "Successful" ministries who were implying different results from the rest of us." (Youthworker Journal July/ August 2003) pg. 64 Dangerous Wonder by Mike Yaconelli)

I wanted people to fall in love more and more with Jesus. Isn't that what ministry is about? Loving God and loving those students. I know several over the past couple of days have taken stock and got caught up in issues that in the scope of eternity don't really matter ...to which I ask - How would God view this person.

My heart has been brokern over the last few days, why? Because I know that there are many hurting youthworkers out there, many hurting youth, and yet we strive to move forward only to move backwards at times.

So in my words, yet not mine but that of the Bible "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God ...." I John 4:7 a (NIV).

God's call and love and mercy and grace pouring down like rain is bigger than a forum, so maybe we can serve a God that is bigger than the internet and know that He is in control.

Gman

Love is not only something you feel. It's something you do. - David Wilkerson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

I Hate David Crowder

Just a line to say I'm Living.